Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Book List

So last year, meaning 2010, my awesome sister, Sarah, read 100 books in the year. I decided that was a pretty awesome goal and I would try it out. I almost made it! Not really. I read 27 books. :) When I realized about in June there was no way I could make it to 100, I decided just to expand my reading horizons and re-read a bunch of books while throwing in a bunch of new one's as well. So here's the list in order. Books with stars in front are books I read for the first time.
1.Eragon by Christopher Paolini
2. Eldest by Christopher Paolini
3. Brisingr by Christopher Paolini
4. *The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne (most boring book I've ever read)
5. *Moloka'I by Alan Brennert
6. *Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson (another dull book)
7. *Beyonders by Brandon Mull
8. *Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery
9. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
10. *Until We Meet Again by Michael Korenblit
11. *Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen
12. *Promise of the Wolves by Dorothy Hearst
13. Holes by Louis Sachar
14. A Single Shard by Linda Sue Park
15. *Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke
16. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
17. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
18. New Moon by Stephanie Meyer
19. Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer
20. Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer
21. *The Last Lecture by Randy Pauche (everyone should read this)
22. *Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
23. *Inheritance by Christopher Paolini
24. *The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
25. *Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
26. *Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
27. Time and Eternity by E. M. Tippetts
Not too bad of a list. I'm proud of myself. My goal this year is to read at least 28 books to make a new record. I have a long list of books to read, and most of them I haven't read before. But I will still read books I have read, but didn't read in the year 2011. Hooray for 2012! Happy new year!

1 comment: