Saturday, January 7, 2012

Goodbye Chuck

So Ross and I have been discussing for a while what it is we were going to do with our guinea pig once the baby came. Seeing as Chuck is really noisy, especially late at night and early in the morning, we didn't really want him around when the baby got here. We also are in need of a little more space to fit the baby and his supplies. Ya, babies need lots of stuff. Sheesh. So we came to the conclusion that we would sell Chuck.
Today I put him up on KSL.com. I didn't really think he would sell that fast, so I thought I'd put him up now. Ya, three hours after I posted the ad I got a call. These people were from a small town I'd never heard of that is by Tremonton. They were in Logan and wanted to come and see Chuck. I said, 'Sure!' so they came by. It was a teenage girl who is deaf who wanted Chuck. Her foster mom and interpreter/neighbor came along. They were really nice people. I'm really happy that Chuck is so well behaved. I let the girl hold him and he just cuddled up against her and squeaked his little heart out. It was really cute. She really liked him because he was so calm. Turns out they had just been to PetsMart and the baby guinea pigs were nuts and wouldn't hold still. I'm so proud of my little Chuck. Well, they loved him. I sold them him, his cage, and all his supplies, as well as what we had left of his food and treats all for 25 bucks. I think that was pretty awesome. They were excited to get such a good deal because just the guinea pigs at PetsMart are 35 bucks. Anyway, they paid for him and took him away.
I'm sort of sad about it, I'm gonna miss that little rodent. I did not expect him to be gone so soon, but he's gonna get a whole lot of attention. I was also worried when the baby came that Chuck would just not get any attention at all, but he will be very loved in his new home. He's a good little guinea pig and I hope he has a wonderful life with his new owners. I sure am gonna miss his little squeaks though.
Now I'm trying to talk Ross into letting me get a goldfish....

1 comment:

  1. I will miss Chuck too! You were a good mom and you saved him from the Humane Society.

    ReplyDelete