Sunday, January 29, 2012

Baby Names: Animated Characters

It is time for another baby name poll party! The name Jake won the last poll. With 6 of the other names all tied for second. Interesting. For the next two weeks the theme will be animated characters. Check out the names below and then vote for your favorite in the poll to the side! Also please remember that there are actually names on the list that Ross and I are considering and we want to see how well they do. Party! So vote well! The names are in alphabetical order, enjoy. :)

1. Doug
Do you remember that awesome Saturday morning cartoon, Doug? I sure do. I loved that show! And so did Ross. So naturally, Doug had to make it onto the list of animated characters' names. He is a fun character who enjoys hanging out with his friends Skeeter and Patty Mayonaise. My son will have some awesome friends, too.

2. Flynn
Everyone knows and loves Flynn Rider! From the movie, Tangled, he's the handsomest animated character I've ever seen. And he marries a princess. Which is pretty cool. Not to mention that smoulder of his that he can use to make a woman's heart melt. ;) Naturally, my son will be a ladies man.

3. Gaston
Now if we are looking for the most manly name in the world, Gaston would probably win. Gaston comes from the Disney classic, Beauty and the Beast. As said in the song he sings, every last inch of him is covered with hair. Not sure how I would feel about a hairy son, but it is quite manly I guess. And I would be ok having a very manly son.

4. Gus
Coming from another Disney classic, Cinderella, Gus is just a cute little mouse. My favorite line of his: "Duh... Happy Birt-day!" Love it! He may not be very smart, but he sure is a friendly and happy little dude. And he loves food. I hope my son likes the food I cook. He had better.

5. Hamilton
If my son turns out being anything like me, he will also be similar to this lovable little squirrel, Hammy. This character comes from one of my favorite animated films, Over the Hedge. Don't give him caffeine. Just like you should not give me caffeine. I do love this squirrel, though. He makes me laugh, just as my son will.

6. Hudson
As in, Doc Hudson from the Disney/Pixar film, Cars. This old race car can be a grouch, but he means well. He loves his friends and does everything he can to keep them safe. Also, he has three Piston Cups! (He did what in his cup?) And I would not complain if my son grew up to be a doctor. That would me most impressive, indeed.

7. Jasper
This hilarious character comes from 101 Dalmatians. That movie was one of my favorites growing up because it has a lot of dogs in it, and we all know how much I love dogs. Jasper is always found with his companion, Horace, who's name will be on a different list, just to give you a heads up. These two characters are not to bright and drive an old beaten up car. But Jasper gets to tell Cruela DeVil to shut up at the end. Way to go, Jasper!

8. Jim
This would be Jim Hawkins from Treasure Planet, which is another of my favorite animated films. (Yes, I have a lot of them.) He's a rambunctious youth because his dad left when he was a kid. Poor guy. But in the head he learns the value of hard work and using your talents to save the lives of your friends. Not too shabby. I would not be ashamed to have a kid like Jim Hawkins.

9. Megamind
Megamind: "incredibly handsome super-genius and master of all villainy." From his self-titled film, Megamind is freaking hilarious. It is a Ross and Melanie favorite for sure. We love this movie! Although Megamind begins as a bad guy, he has a good heart and learns that anyone can be a hero in the end. I would be ok with a super-genius son, though probably not if he was a master of all villainy.

10. Navine
This would be Prince Navine from the Princess and the Frog. And it was practically impossible to find a good picture of him not as a frog, so there he is as a frog. He's a cocky man who loves to party and have fun. But he learns how to mince and work hard to accomplish goals. Not to mention that he is handsome, and my son will be very handsome.

So there you have it! Ten more names to vote for. Voting will go for two weeks, the last day to vote being February 11th. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment