Sunday, January 15, 2012

Baby Names: Famous Actors

So for the third trimester of my pregnancy, I will be making a post every two weeks with baby boy names. There are going to be different themes with each one. I will also make a poll on the right side of the blog. Please vote for your favorite name. Also, consider this, there are ten names on each list. A few of the names on each list are names that Ross and I are actually considering. This means that your opinions are important to us. However, also be aware that we will make our own decision on a name, but are also going to be appreciative of outside input to help us decide. We won't tell you what names on each list we are thinking of, just to make it a little more fun. So yes. We just want to see how well those names do.
For the next two weeks the baby name list of ten will come from names of famous actors. Or actors who have nice names that Ross and I like. Pretty much yeah. So without further ado, here we go, names in alphabetical order:


1. Chris
Like Chris Evans! This guy is my favorite super hero actor. He is in Fantastic Four, where he is the Human Torch. He's hot both ways in that movie. He also plays Captain America in that new movie. It was good. I'm excited to see Captain America again in The Avengers, which comes out later this year. If I name my son after him, then he would probably be a super hero one day. :)

2. Heath
Heath Ledger is dead. And that is so sad. He was a very beautiful man. He was great in A Knight's Tale, and pretty much amazingly spectacular with his role as the Joker in The Dark Knight. Totally a creepy role, but he did it most magnificently.

3. Hugh
As in Hugh Jackman. Most commonly known for his role as Wolverine in X-men. Which is a pretty awesome character. He's been in a variety of films throughout the years. I really like him as an actor. He's also very muscular. Perhaps if I name my son Hugh, he will grow up to be totally ripped. That would be awesome. I'd be one proud mama!

4. Jake
Like Jake Gyllenhaal. Another of my favorite actors, but mostly just because he is fair to look upon. But he does a really good job in Source Code. That was a really good movie.

5. Jason
As in Jason Statham. He's an action hero actor. And he's pretty hard core. My favorite would be him playing Handsome Rob in the Italian Job. yes, a very good movie. Anyway, this guy is just hard core. It was pretty much impossible to find a good picture of him smiling. So if I name my son after him, he'd be one pretty hard core dude.

6. Jude
Jude Law, or Mr. Watson from Sherlock Holmes. He's a pretty good actor, but mostly he's just good looking. So my son would be good looking if I named him Jude. Most likely anyway.

7. Michael
Like Michael Caine, who is one of my most all time favorite actors. Ross really likes this guy, too. He is quite awesome, mostly known for playing well-to-do gentlemen. Very classy folk. And he has a freaking awesome accent. I would not be ashamed to name my son after this guy.

8. Patrick
Such as Patrick Dempsey. Photographed here as Dr. McDreamy from Grey's Anatomy where he is a brain surgeon. He is also in one of my all time favorite Disney movies, Enchanted. He's also quite the stud muffin, perhaps my son will also be so studly if I name him Patrick.

9. Sean
As in Sean Connery, the suave original James Bond. And also Indiana Jones's dad. He's just such an awesome guy, his name had to make it onto the list. If I name my son after this famous guy, he'll probably have a cool accent and be really good at shooting a gun. Yup.

10. Tom
Like Tom Cruiz. I had a dream about Tom Cruiz the other night. And no, he did not take my breath away. He was a game show host. In my dream. Anyway, this actor is in movies such as Top Gun, Mission Impossible, Knight and Day, and other such action flicks.

And there we go. Please vote for your favorite name in the poll to the right! Go team!!!

3 comments:

  1. What about Harrison? As in Harrison Ford? Or Elijah, as in Elijah Wood?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sean- my hubster- is named after sean connery. just in case people call you crazy. it happens :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to tell you about a girl that I used to go visiting teaching to. She also loved Heath Ledger and she had a baby boy -- named him Ledger.

    ReplyDelete