Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Let's Talk About Chirstmas

Last weekend, the 16th through the 20th was spent in Kaysville with my awesome sauce parentals and siblings. It was a lot of fun. On the Saturday we had a Pitt family Christmas party at Golden Corral. It's an ongoing tradition of sorts. And the food was awesome. Sunday we had church with the family and that was nice. My dad gave the sunday school lesson. Go Dad! Monday morning my Dad was Santa for the preschool. Later on Monday Ross had a check up with his doctor at the Primary Children Hospital. He is alive and his aorta has not exploded. Thank goodness. The doctor told us that we would probably want to get an in depth ultra sound of our baby's heart to make sure it is not like Ross's. So we may be doing that in the next month or two or so. I have an appointment with my OB/GYN on Thursday and I will ask him what he thinks. After Ross was done at the doctor we went to the Gateway and had a party there for a few hours. Just walked around and looked at stuff and enjoyed each others' company. It was really nice. We had dinner at the food court because I wanted Chinese and Ross wanted Subway. Hooray for food courts! It was lovely. After dinner we went and looked at the lights on Temple Square. They were beautiful. It was a nice day spent together for sure. We left and came back up to Logan on Tuesday.
On the 23rd we headed up to Afton, WY for Christmas. Ross got pulled over on our way up and got a ticket. Tee hee! He always gives me a hard time because I've gotten two tickets since we've known each other and this was his first. Awesome. Well, when we arrived at Ross's parents' house it was 13 degrees below 0. Brr. ya, it was really cold there. Saturday was just a fun day around the house. My brother-in-law, Jason was there with his wife Shalee and kids Eli, Elsie, and Archer. Those kids are stinkin' adorable. sister-in-law, Lark was also there. Grandma Lark and Uncle Pete also showed up on Christmas Eve. I spent a few hours at the Cottage, which is a fabric/craft/party store my mother-in-law owns. We spent a lot of time looking through a big bin of buttons, which I enjoyed saying. I had a lot of fun just chatting with her and getting to know her better. She is awesome!
Christmas Day was also a lot of fun. Ross and I got up around 7:30. I went downstairs to where the presents were and Elsie came running out in the nude screaming excitedly and pointing at the presents. I have no idea what she was saying, but she sure was excited! (she's 2 years old) I told her she should probably get some clothes on and she rushed off to do so. We had church at 9, so we didn't open the presents until after church, but we did go through our stockings! It was really awesome because Santa came! I had put a candy bar in my stocking and also Ross's, but in the morning there was all sorts of goodies! I got a really cute ty brand beanie baby. Ross was not impressed, but I sure was excited. It was really fun to see Eli and Elsie get ecstatic about their goodies and gifts. That was probably my favorite part, seeing how happy and thrilled they were about everything. That makes me really excited for when I have a bunch of kids that will get excited, too. :)After sacrament meeting was over we opened presents. And boy was that epic! Ross and I got a good haul. We got a big box and a little box of diapers. It is good to start getting prepared I guess. We also got some little things for the baby as well as a pack-n-play playpen thing for the kid. Oh, and a hiking backpack/child carrier. It will be epic. We also got a new digital camera so that we can take pictures of our son once he is here. We got clothes, candy, and some photo albums. It was a pretty spectacular Christmas! The rest of the day was spent relaxing for the adults and playing with the toys for the kids.
Monday morning came and Ross was sick. He gets really bad migraines a few times a year and he feels like he's gonna throw up and such. So he slept in a whole lot. I did most of the packing of the car and such and we left that afternoon. It was a wonderful weekend in Wyoming! I sure do love my in-laws. They are wonderful!
And that is my Christmas post. Woot! Sorry there aren't more pictures. Ross and I are just starting to use our new camera, and then we will have lots of pictures of our adventures that I can use. :D
OH, sorry no pictures again, blogger thing is being retarded still. I'm trying to work it out. Lame sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment