Sunday, October 2, 2011

Truth About Pregnancy

So it is true. I am pregnant. To be honest, I hate it. I don't hate that I'm having a child, what I hate is that I am nauseated all the time, throw up pretty much every day, have sore chesticles, can smell EVERYTHING for the first time in my life, have terrible breath, am completely exhausted all the time, can only keep down a few different foods, and my mind is way more scattered than it was before. The other day Ross had dropped some papers on the kitchen floor and I didn't notice until he was at work. But I didn't pick them up because I thought he wanted them there. He laughed when I told him that when he was home. The food at the moment that is staying down best is Eggo waffles. Yum. Usually with lots of butter and a little bit of powdered sugar. Today I tried it with cinnamon sugar, it has stayed down, but was not as good as the powdered sugar.
Tomorrow I go to the doctor for the first time which will be very nice. Then I can learn stuff and know that all this gunk I'm going through really is worth it. I just pretty much feel bloated and fat all the time, like I'm about to start my period, though I haven't had that in two and a half months. It'll just be nice to see the little fetus on a monitor. Woot. It will also be nice to get a more affirmative due date. Then I can know how much longer I'm supposed to be having this dreaded mourning sickness. Which is what I am calling it because it lasts all blasted day long.

3 comments:

  1. Mel!! I'm sorry you're miserable, but now I'm excited! I have a belly-buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you are sick... will you think I am crazy when I say it is worth it? Um, yes... you probably will. I understand. During my first trimester I thought people were crazy when they said that the 2nd trimester would be better. But really, truly, it was better. The first part of pregnancy is probably the hardest. You can do this! Let me know if I can help in any way.

    ReplyDelete