Monday, October 24, 2011

Apparently I'm Stupid

This has been a long time coming, but today I just feel stupid. Ross hasn't helped that at all. Ross asked me what I was going to do today. I said I was going to clean the apartment. He said that I should also apply for WIC and MediCaid stuff. I asked him to make sure I knew where all our financial stuff was. Then I told him that I was worried I would mess it up because I am stupid. What Ross should have said was: "You're not stupid, it's ok to be worried about messing up. If it would make you feel better we can apply for those things together later." Instead he stood in the hallway for a second, then busted out laughing, then said: "I'm sorry you're stupid." Thanks Ross. Then I told him what he should have said and then he said that, but it didn't mean anything because he was laughing all the way through it. Gosh.
So then I was reading my awesome sister-in-law's blog. That would be Candi. And she was talking about a party plan that was in the back of some book her daughter was reading. (sorry Candi, I didn't get through the whole post yet, and you will see why shortly) This book is about a mouse by the name of Geronimo. Ross asked me to read the post out loud so he could hear. I pronounced the mouse's name Gair-(rhymes with chair)-oh-nemo(like the fish). Ross busted out laughing again. "Um," he said, "That Geronimo." Which he pronounced Ger-(like the beginning of German)-on-im-oh. Well don't I look like a dunce. Thanks again husband for making me feel stupid. I still love the guy though. And then I was too upset to finish reading so I just closed out of it. Oh, and there's a picture of the mouse Geronimo
This reminded me of a time when I was on a first date with my ex, Tanner. (Who, as my father-in-law would be happy to know, is the son of Ross's second cousin.) We were going to see a movie. Woot. There was a poster for the movie Penelope. I said, "Hey look, Penelope!" Which I pronounced Penn-elle-ope(rhyming with nope). My kind date said, "Um, that's Penelope." Which he pronounced Penn-elle-oh-pee. My bad. That's actually a really great movie, by the way. Just saying. And there's a picture of the movie poster, too. .
So apparently I can't read and I'm kind of stupid. But don't worry, I got the last laugh. Ross couldn't open the door this afternoon on his way to work. "Who's stupid now?!" I shouted and laughed. It's sure a good thing we love each other, me and that Ross.

2 comments:

  1. Sadly feeling this way happens lots when you are preggo cuz of the pregnancy brain thing. I was on medicaid and WIC in Utah so if you have any questions about the process I would be more than happy to help :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, everyone in the U.S. thought it was "Her-me-own" instead of "Her-my-oh-knee" until the Harry Potter films out, so you can take solace in the fact that you are stupid as most Americans.

    ReplyDelete