Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My Hair

A year a go my hair was down to the middle of my back. Then, in April, I got it all chopped of pretty short. But then I got it even shorter a few months after that. There are things that I like about long hair. There are things that I like about short hair. There are things I hate about long hair. And there are things I hate about short hair. What is a girl to do? 
My hair is currently in need of either another cut or a trim to make it look more feminine. It is shaggy and frankly I think I look like a teenage boy a lot of the time. So I have to take a lot of time to make it look nice, which is something I hate doing. My short hair was nice because it hardly took any time to do. But with long hair, I had more options of how to style it, and if I didn't have time, I could always do a ponytail.
One thing I really miss about having short hair is that I can't twirl it around my fingers. Anyone who knows me knows that this is something I have done all my life. It is relaxing. Quite a stress-reliever for me. And I haven't been able to do it for almost a year. Bummer. But short hair is also very nice because it is up and out of the way. Harumph. 
So I suppose it is time for a poll. Here are the different lengths of my hair. You may vote for one or two lengths that I've had it. Please don't vote for more than that, Andrew. 

LONG/NO BANGS
This is me with long hair. It went a pit past my shoulder blades. No bangs.

SHOULDER/NO BANGS
Shortly after giving birth! My hair was shoulder length, layered a bit on the ends. Again, no bangs.

LONG/BANGS
This was me one week before my wedding day! I sure was a hottie. This is me with my long-ish hair, again a bit past my shoulder blades in back, and with bangs. 

SHORT/BANGS
This was the first time I got my hair so short. I guess I sort of had bangs there. I had to straiten it or it would look ridiculous.

VERY SHORT
Even shorter hair here. I liked that I could put it in a mohawk. That was pretty fun.

SUPER SHORT
This was the shortest my  hair had been since birth! I could spike it, which was fun.

 And yes, the poll has them out of order. I couldn't get the pictures to move around into the order I wanted them. Also, not pictured but available would be shoulder length hair WITH bangs. Which I didn't have a picture of, but could be fun.

4 comments:

  1. I like it long with bangs fits your face very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long with bangs :) though you look great in all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about like Rapunzel when she gets a haircut?

    ReplyDelete