Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Preparing for Four

Tomorrow, I am going to my OB/GYN to have my IUD removed. Good-bye birth control. Ross and I are feeling ready to get pregnant again. And this is terrifying. And also exciting.

Here are some things that scare me about getting pregnant again:
1. I was throwing up at least 5 times a day for over half of my pregnancy with Nigel. Don't want to go through that again.
2. I have an energetic toddler and may not have the energy to chase him around all day.
3. Gaining weight. I have lost almost all of my pregnancy weight from Nigel, not excited to get it back.
4. Labor and delivery. I thought I was dying. I only survived because of that epidural. I'm really scared for that again.

Reasons I am excited to get pregnant again:
1. I love being a mom! I want another child to love and care for.
2. Nigel will have a little sibling to play and interact with. I enjoy watching him with other babies in the ward, it's so cute!
3. It's totally weird, but I loved feeling Nigel move inside of me. Not when he was kicking me in the ribs, but just knowing that I had created a little life and that I was protecting it... It is so incredible. Can't wait to feel that again.
4. I want to hold another infant in my arms and know that he/she is mine to love and care for.
5. I know that I am meant to have more children. I am so blessed to have Nigel in my life, and I know that I am going to be blessed with more kids.
6. I LOVE to talk about baby names. And we had a name picked out for Nigel since we first got married, but right now we have no names in mind for the next baby. So it will be fun to pick out a name.
7. I feel ready to have another baby.

It felt good to write those down. I had been thinking of all the things that scare me, but writing them out and seeing that there are more good things than bad, that makes me happy. Go me!

1 comment: