Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Spring Hollow Hike

Last week Ross, Nigel, and I went on a hike. The plan was to go to Spring Hollow, which I wasn't to keen to do as it is 3.5 miles one way and goes up 2170 feet. Sounded miserable. But we tried it out. 
Unfortunately, I had slept funny on my shoulder the  night before and just plain walking was tough. We hiked for two hours then stopped. We had a nice little picnic in the  middle of the trail and then went back down. I was exhausted. Nigel had fun and slept on the way down.
Here's our pictures from the trip!
All ready to get hiking!
Saw this funny sign at a split in the trail.
Sorry this one is sideways, I'm too lazy to switch it now that it's already here. We commented that the terrain looked like Mordor.
Nigel loves to ride in the back pack!
Eating some sandwiches.
Nigel and I in the middle of the trail. There wasn't really a totally flat place to sit, but this was the best we found.
Hi, Ross!
Nigel was so precious sleeping in the back pack.
Beautiful view of the valley we were climbing up.
Little sleeping man. :)

1 comment: