Wednesday, June 26, 2013

East Canyon Resevoir

This past Saturday Nigel and I were able to go water skiing with my family and a bunch of cousins I haven't seen in a while. Ross had to work, which was unfortunate, and we were sad he didn't come down with us. But it was still a very fun day.
Just got to the lake! Waiting for the boat with Grampa!
Leslie and the Grandma waiting for the boat.
Nigel was really nervous on his first boat ride. It was scary for him. Poor fellow.
Grandpa got a lot of attention from Nigel after introducing him to Cracker Jacks. Nigel loved them.
Go Matt! He got up and skied all over the lake.
Love my new swimsuit, I do! Thanks Dad for getting it for me. Nigel was scared of the water, but did enjoy watching it splash on his toes. He wouldn't let go of me though. Poor nervous boy.
Playing in the shade with Grandma! Getting to eat Swedish Fish. My son was so spoiled on this trip...
Gramps, Leslie, and Matt working on their tans.
There's me, such a water beauty. 
Nigel all cuddled up with his grandpa, sleepy little man.
It is so much fun to play with Aunt Leslie!
Here I am getting all ready to water ski.
The water was super choppy because it was so windy, so it was really hard to get up.
I did it! I also fell down shortly thereafter. I got up again 5 more times, but it was so hard to stay up since the water was so rough. My arms were killing me, too.
Hey, Nigel. I guess you're not gonna let me work on my tan, eh?
Nigel loves to play with Uncle Matt. He's a pretty cool uncle.
Me, Greg, and Matt all ready for a crazy ride on the tube.
"Wave!" Says my mom. Matt and I were too scared, but Greg managed to strike a nice pose for the camera.
We're alive! We all fell off once. And our arms were in so much pain from holding on! Uncle Paul showed us no mercy. And the rough water didn't help. As Matt said: "I fell off and was skidding on my back. It was terrifying how fast I was moving!" Seriously.
Nigel just wanted to cuddle with me after I was out tubing. I was happy to oblige as he isn't often a cuddle buddy.
It was a super fun day. And it was great to see family. Nigel was not as terrified on his next boat ride. He even seemed to enjoy it. What a good little boy I have.

1 comment: