Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Bikes and Sprinklers

The bad  news is that our VW Beetle is not working. Again. Two weeks ago it wouldn't start, we got it fixed, and now it won't start again. For this cause Ross and I have been riding bikes wherever we need to go. Well, we've been riding a singular bike. We have two bicycles: one that is in good condition and one that is not. Seeing as we may be riding these bikes all over for the entire summer, we decided it would be a good idea to fix up the one that is not so healthy.
Yesterday Ross was working on studying for his finals and I went out with Nigel to work on the bike. I got it fixed up pretty good, if I do say so myself. And Nigel had so much fun being outside 'helping' me. 
Then Nigel noticed the neighbor's Barbie bike. Which is way cooler than a boring blue bike, naturally. So he went over and pushed it all over the place and had so much fun. He was entertained for almost half an hour. 
Nigel then noticed an even cooler bike. And went over to explore it. I wasn't fast enough with my camera to get him stroking it, but here he is looking at it. Crazy kid. 
Later in the afternoon we went for a walk. It was really windy. Nigel loves going on walks, he likes to watch the cars drive by and points at them as they pass. A little ways into our walk, the sprinklers came on on the park strip next to us. Shouldn't bother us, but then the wind picked up and blew all the water from the sprinklers right into Nigel and I. So I began to run. I ran pushing the stroller speedy quick out of the watery mess. I was soaked. We got to a safe spot and I came around to check on Nigel. Water was dripping out of his hair and all down his face. His little bottom lip was poking out. Poor little man. He was very distraught at his unexpected shower. I bundled him in a blanket and we continued on our merry way. 
Moral of these stories? Nigel loves bicycles but not sprinklers. Good to know for future reference.

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny with the bikes! If you are going to be riding bikes around, you may need a bike trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the stories and fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete