Thursday, May 16, 2013

Crafty Momma

Since losing my color guard job, I have been keeping busy with crafty things. It sure is a lot of fun. I'm finding that I really enjoy crocheting a whole lot. I learned how to read patterns from a lovely crocheting website and now I am unstoppable! Well, maybe not. We'll see. Here's pictures of everything I have made since being a full time mom.
First I had to finish crocheting this blanket for my niece, Rachel.

Next I pieced and hand quilted (with the help of my mother-in-law) this beautiful blanket for my cousin's baby.

Then I made another baby blanket.

Following that I made a snazzy winter hat. Used a loom for this one.

Then I crocheted my first hat. I was supposed to use a larger hook, but I didn't think it would matter. Apparently it does. So this is a baby hat.

And finally, I made yet another baby blanket. This style is just really simple to do and thus I've made three of them. Go me.
And that is what a crafty momma named Melanie has been up to in her spare time these past 5 months. More awesome crafts will be coming as I am finding some pretty awesome patterns on Pinterest. I'm excited to get crocheting!

4 comments:

  1. You are an awesome crafty mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great talent. Of course you know this is the thing for your Mother-in-law. I think your best crafty thing is Nigel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, based on Todd's comment, our fathers-in-law are the same people. Crazy. Creepy. Cool.

    ReplyDelete