Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Casual Vacancy

J. K. Rowling, the wonderful author of the Harry Potter series, recently came out with an adult novel: The Casual Vacancy. Me, being a great lover of Harry Potter, wanted to give this book a try. Now, when I read a bad book, I usually push on for a while to see if it gets better. I got 22 pages in. And I'm taking it back to the library. Here are my reasons that people SHOULD NOT read this book:

1. Astounding amounts of swearing.
2. The town the story takes place in is dull.
3. There are far too many characters that don't even apply to the plot.
4. Inappropriate explanations of sexual things.
5. Not written in a way to engage.
6. A completely boring read.

Now I know some of these are quite my opinion, but after looking up a good number of reviews for this book, it turns out I'm not alone in my thinking.
This post is simply to inform you not to waste your time reading, or starting to read, this book. And to Rowling: Stick to young adult fantasy. That's what your good at.

No comments:

Post a Comment