Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

This year Ross and I spent Thanksgiving at home in Logan. Just me and him. In the morning we just hung out for a while. After lunch we went for a drive. Ross really wanted to. We found a pretty cool old house in Wellsville, I think, not really sure where we were, very West though. Ross wanted to stop and look at it. It was a remake of some historical guys house. So naturally, we had to stop and look at it. Instances like this make Ross remind me very much of my sister Sarah.
After getting home from our drive we started working on our Thanksgiving dinner. I was going to make a chicken pot pie. Ross helped me out by cutting the chicken and cooking it. I made the filling and the crust. We added the chicken, filled the pie, and cooked it. And it was super duper delicious! Hooray! It was a very nice dinner. Ross also made some rolls. They came from one of those can things that explode open. I made jello, but I forgot about it in the fridge until that night. But here's a picture of Ross and our lovely meal!
On Friday Ross had work in the afternoon, but had no school in the morning. so what does he do? Plays nintendo. Hadn't even had breakfast and I got this lovely picture of him playing his 007 Golden Eye game with a sucker in his mouth. And he beat the game for the first time in his life! I'm so proud. :) He was very excited to beat a level he never had before, then it started showing the credits. He was a little upset to find out that that was all he had left of the game all this time. Poor guy. We also did a little bit of black Friday shopping. Got something nice for ourselves for Christmas. Woot!
Friday night when Ross got off work we headed down to Kaysville. Saturday my awesome cousin, Alison got married! It was a party. We went to the Bountiful Temple to see her and her new husband Kendall come out. She was so beautiful! It was fun. We also got to go to a luncheon for them and hear her Uncle Andy recite his famous 'Thong' poem. Hooray for cowboy poetry. And in the evening was the reception, where this picture was taken. Woot.
Now Ross and I are back in Logan. We set up our little Christmas Tree today. It is so little and cute. I really wanted to buy a bigger one, Ross wasn't so keen on that idea, so no new bigger tree for us this year. Maybe I can talk him into it next year. We shall see
.

2 comments: