Thursday, June 23, 2011

Woes of a Retainer

So I have a permanent retainer on the bottom row of my teeth connected to my canines then running across the back of my incisors. I also have one on the top of my mouth. This one is connected to all four of my top incisors. When I went to the dentist last month, the dentist told me that the top retainer was broken between my two right side insiders, but it didn't seem to be a problem. Hooray! So then last night, Ross and I were eating corn dogs. I felt the retainer crunch against something and it disconnected from my right front tooth. So I just had this wire hanging there and it was bothersome, so then I put on my retainer that comes in and out so I wouldn't feel an annoying wire. Things seemed to be alright today until I just a little after 2:00 pm brushed my teeth. Yikes. The toothbrush got caught on the loosely hanging wire and ripped the whole thing off of my other two teeth! Ouch, that freaking hurt a lot. So now there is no wire there, except the little piece that I guess is still connected to my right tooth next to the canine. Sad day. So I have my other retainer on now. Woot. All this trouble over trying to keep my teeth strait and clean. Sheesh.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! That does sound like it would hurt. Does it poke your tongue too?

    ReplyDelete