Friday, June 24, 2011

Convergys

So yesterday I saw on ldsjobs.org, which is a fabulous website by the way, that the call center place called Convergys was hiring. Naturally, as a person looking for a job, I applied. Last night I got an email from them with some assessments they wanted me to take and also a typing test. Dude, I totally typed that thing's face off. Anyway, it all went well and I finished the assessments.
This morning I got a call from a man by the name of Richard who works at Convergys. And he wanted to set up a phone interview for this afternoon. I said yes. And had my interview at 3:50 pm. Woot. We chatted, he asked me about my schedule and about myself and I rocked. Half an hour from the beginning of our conversation and him asking me all sorts of interview-ish questions he offered me a job. And I said yes.
And that is the story of how I got a job in two days. :) So here's a little bit about Convergys. It is located behind Lee's Marketplace in Logan. And it is a call center, as I mentioned earlier. So I get to be one of the people like those in this here picture. Yes, yes I do. And I'm gonna be the best phone answering person EVER. So Convergys has some basic goals and values within the company. The main goal is to have a strong relationship with the customers and to help them fix problems. The Convergys here in Logan works with Comcast, so I can help people with their tv problems. Woot! Quote from their website: "Convergys has approximately 70,000 employees in 67 customer contact centers and other facilities in the United States, Canada, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia, and our global headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio." That's a lot of employees. And now I am one of them! Party. I think mostly I am excited to have a job so I can start making money for Ross's school. Woot!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got a job. Will they work around your color guard schedule?

    ReplyDelete