Friday, June 10, 2011

Eat, Sleep, Guard

Basically, that's how my last four days went. Practice for the Mountain Crest Marching Band was on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8-11; but the guard went from 7:30-11. Then on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evening there was practice again from 6-8, but again, the guard started early at 5. Woot! The color guard adviser, Kacie, is in California for the summer where her husband got a summer job. She hired Bryan Berger, who I have spun with before, to lead the practices. I got in touch with her and I am going to get paid and I get to stay around through fall season and even into the winter. Woot!
So yes. I got up and ate breakfast, went to color guard, came home and ate lunch then took a nap, then headed back to the school early to work on organizing the color guard closet, then got home and made dinner for me and Ross when he got home. Then I went to bed and started over again. Holy cow, what an exhausting week! But it was really great to be so busy. Practices are slowing down now, it was just so busy for this first week to learn a lot of basic marching stuff. Woo hoo!
Anyway, I'm totally worn out from the week. Thankfully, there wasn't practice today. But I still woke up at 7 without an alarm clock. Wow. But then I just snoozed until 8 because I wanted to sleep in. Yes, yes I did.

1 comment:

  1. The name of your post is so fitting for life as a guard person.

    ReplyDelete