Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Long Weekend

So I still don't have a job, and that is starting to really stress me out. I really need one! But that is ok, I'm trying to stay positive and productive and I'm still applying to tons of places. Woot!
So this past weekend was pretty awesome for me. On Thursday, Ross came down to Orem after getting an MRI in Salt Lake. He spent the night. It was a lot of fun to see him and cuddle with him in bed. Woot! He left Friday morning so he could get to work up in Logan.
On Saturday afternoon-ish, I headed up to Kaysville to chill with my family. I mostly just hung around until the evening when my awesome brother Matt had his Eagle Court of Honor thing. I'm so proud of that kid! Way to be, Matt, for officially becoming an Eagle Scout!!! The picture is a of a really cool eagle statue thing my parents got for Matt. Lucky kid. I didn't get anything that cool when I got my Young Womanhood Recognition. Sheesh. Oh, well. We all ate lots of s'mores and such. Well, I only had two s'mores. After going off sugar in April, I have a hard time eating too much sugar at once and I get a headache. So ya, that's good for my health!
Sunday was great. I went to chur
ch with my family and Ross, w
ho was supposed to be coming down in the evening, surprised us all by showing up at the end of Sacrament meeting. I guess he got there during the opening hymn, but didn't know where we were sitting. But that is ok. I sure love that man! It was fun to have him down there with my family. He sure is a fantastic husband!!!
On Monday, which was still part of my weekend, I went to the dentist. I thought I was going to have at least 5 cavities. But by a complete miracle, I didn't have any! Woo hoo! That was wonderful. But the dentist asked me how often I floss my teeth to which I replied: "Um... Like... Once a month?" I got in trouble. He said that my gums are getting swollen and if I didn't start flossing once a day that I would have to have deep and painful teeth cleaning done to save my teeth. Darn. But I've flossed every day thus far. Woot! The dentist also discovered that my jaw opens crooked. I had always thought it looked a little funny, but now I know why. So when the jaw opens, the hinges are supposed to open up and then release to open wide. The left side of my jaw does this correctly, but my right side doesn't release, so my jaw swings to the side be
cause of the unevenness of the opening. Weird. But kind of interesting. And that is also why that side of my mouth always hurts when I sing too much, like at church, or when I am at the dentist and am holing my mouth open for a long time. If you look at any picture of me with my mouth open wide, you can tell my jaw is crooked.
On Monday Ross also had some more tests done on his heart. I got there shortly after he had begun his echo-cardiogram. We were there for a while and got to watch all of Megamind. What a fantastic movie!!! We both love it. After Ross's echo, we went into another room and he had an EKG done. I don't know what that stands for, but the picture is of him getting it. He's got all those wires hooked up to him and it measures his heart's rhythm and such. The nurse didn't think I was very funny when I whistled at Ross when he took off his shirt. I thought I was pretty funny. Whatever. After that Dr. Su came in and checked some stuff on Ross and then chatted with us for a while. Oh, and there was also a resident there. She has disected a kadaver, I asked, naturally. Well, the verdict was good! Ross does not need open heart surgery this year. His aorta has actually not swollen at all in the past year and a half! What a relief. It's the same size it was in November 2009. So that is good. When it gets too big, he's gonna need surgery. I hope that is a while away.
Also on Monday, Ross and I went to see The King's Speech at the Kaysville Theatre with Shelby and her practically fiancee, Dan. The movie was edited, so not rated R. Woot! It was PG-13, which was good. The movie was fantastic! I got excited because I recognized tons of the actors from other movies such as Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the original Pride and Prejudice. ya, an amazing cast. It definitely deserved all the awards it got!
On Tuesday morning we all got up early to get to the Bountiful Temple. My brother Matt, went through the temple for the first time! Ross and I were both very happy to be there to support him. I'm so proud of my brother! That was also my first time doing a session at the Bountiful Temple. It was beautiful! And pretty much just like the Mount Timpanogas Temple, which I have been to. Woot! It was wonderful to be in the temple with my family. I love those guys.
After the temple I drove Ross back up to Logan so he could get to work and then drove all the way down to Orem for color guard practice. Practice was really good, except that I was super tired and kind of out of energy. Sad day, but that's alright.
And it was nice to be back in Orem as well. My kitty friend, Miles, really missed me. He was following me all over the place when I got home. What a silly cat. But I learned that he is terrified of hair dryers. Poor fella.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very glad that Ross doesn't need surgery this year. Yay! I'm glad you have a kitty friend.

    Good luck with the job hunt. When you get an interview, even if you don't have experience, be sure that you emphasize that you are willing and eager to learn the skills necessary for the job. Focus on experiences you've had that are similar to what the job is, or traits that are necessary for jobs. As a cashier, you enjoy talking to people and are positive, etc...

    ReplyDelete