Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Job Search

This entire month my searching for a job has not gone well at all. I've been trying to be productive and stay positive. It's hard not to get discouraged. I've gotten this amazing opportunity to work with the Lone Peak Guard, and I freaking love it. I just feel like I belong there. I love the girls and I love teaching them. I always dreamed of being a guard director for the rest of my life, and now that I've done it, I can actually see myself doing it and loving it for all of my life. Unfortunately, if I haven't found a job down here by this week, then I am going to be moving back to Logan with Ross. I don't know when another color guard opportunity will come up for me, and that makes me sad to think about leaving.
At church on Sunday I made a new friend, Lorraine. She is this really old lady that is full of spunk. She can't walk very well, and uses a walker. She's really outspoken and is not afraid to speak her mind. I bet she drove men crazy back in the day. Anyway, she is a widow and basically thinks that I'm the best thing ever, which, of course, I am. Not really. But I was talking to her about the whole job thing and she said, "Have you put your name on the prayer roll?" I said, "I didn't know you could put your own name on that." She then said, "Gah!" and then she grabbed a piece of paper and wrote down the number for the Provo Temple and told me to call them and leave my name to be on the prayer roll.
So that's what I did. Got my name on the roll. And ya know what? I think it may have worked! I was talking to Darilyn and Joanne, the other guard director folk, yesterday and that was awesome. Joanne works at a senior living home and said that they were gonna be looking to hire someone really soon. I went by and applied today and that was totally awesome. I presented myself well and feel really good about it. So then, when I got home, I got a call from one of the many vet clinics I have applied at. And I have an interview there on Thursday morning!! Hooray! I hope that something works out. I also applied at Blockbuster Video today. They are hiring. And I went by and talked to the manager. We'll see about that, too.
Oh, and the picture is of my friend, Miles. He likes to follow me around. He sure boosts my self esteem!

1 comment: