Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A New Month

October is over! But that is ok. Sandra and I watched the movie Wait Until Dark. It has Audrey Hepburn, who Sandra is totally obsessed with. It was an ok movie. I thought that it was really boring the entire time until the last 15 minutes. Then it was actually good. It was just silly, I think. But I watched it. Woot.
On Halloween, Ross and I went to the marching band competition here at USU. It was really fun! I only got to see three bands, but it was still really fun. It made me miss marching band, but that's ok. So along those lines of color guard, I was invited to try out for the WSU winter guard, Fusion. And I really want to do it, but I don't have the time. I'm not able to due to my job. But I'll get over it. Maybe I can do it next year. I sure hope so! I miss being a part of a team. Perhaps my chances fare over for that now. If so, I will be ok. I'll get over it.
So things with Ross have been going great! I'm so freaking in love. I don't even know how to describe it, it's just so miraculous! He's my very best friend in the whole wide world! We went to a Halloween party that night at Emily Armstrong's house. It was really fun! I like to party. :) Then we came back to my place and went hot tubbing. Woot! I really love sitting in a hot tub. It is very relaxing. And Ross has a six pack, which is just awesome.
Oh, my goodness! The CES Fireside on Sunday was amazing! President Uchtdorf spoke and did such a great job! I feel like his talk was geared toward me personally. It was so cool! He talked about "The Ugly Duckling" and how we don't always see our true potential because of how people treat us. We need to look at our reflections and see the glorious children of God that we truly are, just like the ugly duckling looked at his reflection and saw a beautiful swan. Then he went off of that and discussed a few topics. It was really amazing. He's probably my favorite speaker, and it was just a really great fireside! I recommend that you get online and watch it!
If you haven't heard of the tv show, Glee, then now you will! My roommate Sandra got me addicted to this wicked awesome show! It is about a bunch of kids in the glee club at their school. It is basically a musical, which is so freaking awesome! I love the music that they sing in it. The teacher who is in charge of the glee club is very attractive, he can sing and dance, too, which makes him a dream. So it's all crazy because there are football players, cheerleaders, nerds, minorities, and all sorts of cliques in the club. They all learn to work together and be friends. Oh, man, I cried in one of the episodes. I'm so pathetic. But basically, music really gets to me. And when the characters sing a song that is really inspirational, especially considering what is happening at the moment, I just teared right up. It is an amazing show. I highly recommend it.
Well, that's all that's going on with me at the moment. My life just isn't all that intense. I will have to go on an adventure sometime soon. Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment