Thursday, April 2, 2009

Oh, What a World!!!


What a depressing world that we live in! I have an art project that I have due on Tuesday, and I haven't started on it yet. I'll admit that that may seem like procrastination, but it isn't! Well, it sort of is. I do my best artwork when I feel rushed. Woot! Anyway, it is called a "heightened drawing." This is done on a colored sheet of paper and charcoal. Instead of using charcoal to make the base layer, I will be using the paper. So I can't just erase charcoal to make the light colors because paper color won't erase. Anyway, it will be done with black charcoal to do the dark places and white charcoal to do the light places! I'm really excited to do it. So for the project, we could draw any figure we chose. I wanted to do a man. Like, a man that is muscular. I think that it would make the project really fun to have to add so much light or dark area around the muscles. Also, the human figure is hard, so it will give me good practice. I asked one of my friends to pose for me, and he said no. The ninny. I couldn't really think of anyone else to ask, so I put my Facebook status as: "Melanie needs a muscular man to pose shirtless for her art project. And I will give you cookies!" And that was true. Lo and behold, the amazing happened! A really old friend of mine said he would do it! I'm so excited to do it. This project will rock hard core. Woot! So I was chatting with him, on Facebook, and we were just deciding when he would come up and such. We were also just talking about life. And here is the reason the world is so depressing. I asked him how life was going, and he said, "Not great." Turns out his parents just barely went through a divorce. How sad! I wanted to cry like Gezzelle does in Enchanted. Divorce is so darn devastating. :( It makes me sad. So my friend is coming up this weekend to pose for me, and I am feeding him a meal, and baking him cookies. He said he really did need to get out of Kaysville, so I'm hoping i can make him feel a little happier. Poor little fella. I can't imagine what it would be like if my parents divorced. That would really really suck. Did you know that 50% of marriages end in divorce? That sucks! Oh, what a world!

No comments:

Post a Comment