Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Books I Read in 2013

The past few years I have been keeping track of what books I read. When I get to the end of the year, I set a goal to read one more book the following year than I did that year. Unfortunately, my goal this year was to read 31 books, and I only read 26. Still a good amount of books though. Here is my list from 2013, books with an asterisk (*) are ones I hadn't read before:

1. Pendragon: The Merchant of Death*      D. J. MacHale
2. Charly                                              Jack Weyland
3. A Light in the Storm*                      Chris Heimerdinger
4. Susceptible*                                      Racheal Ross
5. The Hobbit                                      J. R. R. Tolkein
6. Confessions of a Shopaholic              Sophie Kinsella
7. What To Expect: The First Year*      Heidi Murkoff
8. The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar and Six More*  Roald Dahl
9. Shopaholic Takes Manhattan*              Sophie Kinsella
10. Shopaholic Ties the Knot*              Sophie Kensella
11. The Host                                              Stephanie Meyer
12. Redwall                                              Brian Jaques
13. Beyonders: Seeds of Rebellion              Brandon Mull
14. Avatar: The Promise*                     Michael Dante DiMartino
15. Beyonders: Chasing the Prophecy*     Brandon Mull
16. Warm Bodies*                                     Isaac Marion
17. The Candy Shop War*                     Brandon Mull
18. Star Wars: The Phantom Menace*     Terry Brooks
19. Prince Caspian                                     C. S. Lewis
20. Love, Stargirl*                                     Jerri Spinelli
21. The Hunger Games                             Suzanne Collins
22. Facing the Giants*                            Alex and Stephen Kendrick
23. Catching Fire                                    Suzanne Collins
24. Mockingjay                                    Suzanne Collins
25. Graceling                                            Kristin Cashore
26. Divergent*                                    Veronica Roth

Quite a fun list of books! Well, not all of them were fun. But I really enjoy reading and it feels good to see how many new books I read this past year! I have been working on branching out from just my normal Fantasy/Science Fiction novels that I love so much. I'm not necessarily branching out a lot, but I am learning to enjoy other genres as well. :)

1 comment:

  1. You are the reason I make a list. I still haven't hit 50 but I think I read one more or the same as last year. It is great motivation to make time for reading. I think with kids it is easy to only read short stories otherwise. Great list! You should star the books you like the most.

    ReplyDelete