Thursday, April 5, 2012

Coming Up on Championships

This Saturday are the Utah Winter Guard State Championships. Am I excited? Heck yes. At first I wasn't going to go, since it is 8 days before my due date. However, after a nice talk with my doctor this Monday, I have decided to go unless I go into labor today or tomorrow. My doc said that going may start my labor, but he thought only a 10-15% chance of my water breaking. So I'm going down. Unless I go into labor in the next two days, of course, because then my water would break down in American Fork. And I don't want to have a baby in American Fork. That would be lame. No offense intended toward those that live in American Fork.
So I am super excited to go down. I'm gonna need to bring a bunch of pillows to poof around myself on the bus. And, not gonna lie, I would not mind starting my labor while down there, I just want to be able to make it back to Logan in time to have my water break and my little baby delivered. Which my doctor said could very likely be the case. He was confident that I wouldn't have my baby down there. Ross asked him how many babies he has delivered. His answer, "Only about 3200." Holy crap, that's a lot of babies.
So I am now all applied for the open color guard director position at Mountain Crest. My dear friend Kacie is moving to Arizona. I'm gonna miss her so much. From working with her and the MC guard I've seen this amazing vision she had for the program. And now she doesn't get to see it through. I think I would do a really great job with the position and I believe I could continue where she left off and make the color guard as amazing as she dreamed it could be. And that would be most outstanding. I even have some great ideas that I think would really help the color guard to excel. I just hope then when the interview comes around I can portray my thoughts and ideas well. I don't want to look like a loser. I don't know how many people are applying for the position, but I am worried that there are people applying that are much more qualified than me. Just having a positive attitude and a strong vision for the future may not be enough. I sure hope I can rock the house. The interview won't be for another few weeks though. I'm excited. :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck and I hope the baby is not born at the competition!

    ReplyDelete