Thursday, April 15, 2010

Plasma

Yesterday I donated plasma. Basically, that's how desperate I am for money. I went in, filled out some paperwork because I was new, and then they did a quick check of my blood pressure, temperature, and weight. Ya, my weight keeps going up! I'm getting heavier and heavier every time I get weighed. Pathetic. I should work out. But I'm too lazy to, which is probably why I'm getting fat in the first place.
Anyway, since it was my first time I had to have a little physical then they took me to the donating room. Woot. They poked me in the left arm with a 16 G needle and unlike donating blood, they didn't cover it up so I could see the thing stabbing into me. It actually wasn't that bad. It is probably good for me as I have a little bit of a blood drawing problem. I was doing pretty good until about half way though my donating when everything started going black over my eyes and I thought I was gonna pass out. A few of the workers came over and gave me water and kept me talking and put an ice pack behind my neck. Wow. After about 10 minutes I was ok and then continued to finish my plasma donating. I got paid 25 bucks. Hooray! It's all gone now because I had to go grocery shopping. Oh, well. I think I'll go again on Saturday though. Party.The picture shows what parts are in the blood. The plasma is the watery stuff that everything else floats in. That's what they took out of me. Gross.

3 comments:

  1. Did you tell them I referred you? Probably not, but it would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. only $25??? they rip you off up in Logan! At least you didnt throw up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll go give plasma but you wont do phone surveys at Gregs old job? Whats wrong with you?

    ReplyDelete