Thursday, June 18, 2009

An Adventure with Ross


So last week, I didn't write about this. But Ross and I had quite an exciting adventure! We had been at institute and that was over, so we were just walking around campus for a bit. Between the TSC and the ESLC there were these two manholes that were open. Of course, we had to go check it out. We looked down in one. Of course, I really wanted to climb down in it! How cool would it be to say that I've climbed into a manhole? I told Ross and he was like, "Ok! Let's do it!" Then I said, "What if we get caught?" And he said, "What are they gonna do? Yell at us?" Nobody at all was around, and Ross just got down and started climbing down the manhole! Holy cow! He's so brave! I was terrified. I was also thinking that there might be a monster down there or something. maybe I should watch less tv... Anyway, he yelled up to me when he was down that it was just a room. Nothing too exciting. But I still had to go down. I looked all around and still there was nobody. so I climbed down into the manhole. How awesome! I was so scared that someone was gonna come and totally chew us out! But we just hung out down there for a while and nothing happened. It was really hot down there. There were these huge pipes and stuff and that was pretty cool. Up at the top of my post is the picture I took on my phone of me looking back up the hole that I came down! It's pretty much awesome! And here's another picture. This one is of Ross climbing back out of the other manhole. The two were connected! I'll have to see if I can get some of the pictures that Ross took so that I can post some of me! :) Tee hee! We're so sneaky...
I'm really enjoying my institute class! It's really amazing. It's Book of Mormon 1. That one is from 1 Nephi to Alma 29. Woot! But the teacher is really great. Brother Blake is his name. He is really great at bringing the Spirit into the classroom so that the students' hearts are open to learn from the Spirit. It's really great. I love to learn! And learning from the Holy Ghost is so amazingly wonderful! I love it! Poor Ross wasn't feeling well in class this week. He basically just put his head on his desk and I rubbed his back. Poor guy. But he's feeling better now! Woot!
Last night Ross and I went bowling with his roommate, Sam. It was Sam's birthday. Sam's a pretty cool guy. He's funny. Anyway, all three of us really stink at bowling. Ross got the high score out of all of us at 101 points. wow. I got 75 the first game and 76 the second game. At least that shows improvement! But I was sad because usually I'm able to break 100... Oh, well! When we got home we played Parcheesi! That is probably my favorite game of all time! I totally love it! I should register for it when I'm getting married.... Anyway, Ross won, but I was really close. Humph. Oh, well. After that vigorous game, we watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It was a very interesting movie. I liked it, it was good, just kind of weird at the same time. It was just a really interesting idea, the story was. But it was really long. That's really my only complaint. I think that it should have shown more of the end of Benjamin's life and less about the beginning. But whatever.
Well, I think that basically I'm just posting every Thursday. That's the trend that's been going on. Awesome! I guess I will write again next Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Climbing into manholes sounds like fun! But . . . do keep in mind that it can be dangerous. Not because of monsters! Something much more prosaic. Bad air. In a small space it's really easy to use up all the air and suffocate. Usually the places where that's a serious risk will have some kind of warning posted. Manhole workers have to use ventilation fan in those places.

    wisewit

    ReplyDelete