Friday, August 29, 2014

A Synopsis of Summer

Obviously I have not been doing well at posting to my blog these past few months. So much has been going on and I just haven't really had the enthusiasm to post anything. So here is a quick summary of how this past summer has gone.
In June Nigel and I went up to McKall Idaho with my mom and dad and siblings.
Nigel and his cousin Rachel painting pictures.
Nigel and Rachel had a lot of fun playing in the sand at the lake, which was freezing cold so we didn't get in.
We had fun on jet skis even though the splashing water on our legs was only 48 degrees. Nigel loved the jet ski and fell asleep on it.

For the 4th of July weekend our family went up to Bloomington, ID for the 4th and then headed up to Afton, WY for a few days.
Nigel stealing food from Lark's plate. He was so cute that nobody cared.
We went to a lake, which was also quite cold, but Nigel just had fun playing with his cousins.
Swimming in Grandma and Grandpa Bateman's little pool. Nigel had a lot of fun with it.
 For Pioneer Day weekend our family went camping with Ross's family. It was a lot of fun. They hiked up to a lake, 6 miles there and back, which I did not participate in.
Nigel and I are super adorable in our sunglasses. Unfortunately, Nigel broke my sunglasses at the end of this trip.
Nigel and Ross all ready for the hike! What manly men I have!
Nigel and his cousin, Emerson. Turns out that Nigel REALLY likes to spend time with his cousins. This pleases me.

Nigel enjoyed spending time with me outside while I worked on choreography for the USU color guard.
 We went boating with  my parents and a bunch of my aunts and uncles and cousins. Good think Uncle Paul is so nice to let us use his boat. 
This was Ross's second time water skiing and he got up for a good 3 minutes! Way to be, Ross!
Nigel was afraid of the water, but was quite content on the beach eating snacks provided by his grandparents.
It was a busy and fun summer for us. It was been a little rough and exhausting for me because I am pregnant, but still just a ton of fun. Also, we found out a week ago the gender of the baby!
Unlike Nigel who crossed his legs when it was time to find the gender, this little man opened his legs and showed off his manliness. We are so excited to have another boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment