Monday, March 17, 2014

Spring is Here!

I cannot believe how short winter was this year. It was in the mid 50's in February. Which is absolutely ridiculous for Cache Valley since it is usually snowing every day all through March. I love it! Spring is awesome. Nigel has been having so much fun playing outside. He is quite the climber these days, and he has so much fun at the park.
I got a new camera recently, and tried it out on an outing with Nigel this past Saturday. It is a simple point and shoot camera, but I tend to have bad luck with cameras. I broke 4 cameras in the past 3 years by dropping them. (Frankly, I am clumsy, which is  nuts since I spin flags and weapons for a hobby.) If I can be really careful and nice to this camera for a few years, maybe I can get a really nice one. I really hope I can be nice to it. 
Anyway, here's some pictures from our outing taken on my new camera. :)
Nigel LOVES the slides. He screams and laughs going down them. Fantastic.
It was such a beautiful day, but there was a cold wind coming in. Nigel thought it was cool to have his hood on.
Me: "Nigel, look at the camera and smile!"
Nigel: "NOOOO!" And then he turned away.
Nigel's first time on a swing this year was a few days before this picture, but he was squealing and laughing hysterically the entire time. Apparently, swings are awesome.
Nigel still wouldn't smile, but at least you can see his face.
We went to see some horses on our way home, but they wouldn't come very close. Nigel thought they were pretty cool though.
We also saw some ducks. Nigel and I both love ducks. They are awesome.
You may have seen my lovely blue shoelace in the pictures of me. I had nothing else to use, but I tied a shoelace that was in the diaper bag to my camera and then made a necklace. This was to prevent the camera from hitting the ground if I were to drop it. I didn't drop it though, and that was awesome. :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome camera skills Melanie! Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like seeing pics of my family. Thanks for recording. Good luck with the camera. Don't let protection of it stop yu from taking pics.

    ReplyDelete