Wednesday, January 30, 2013

But Then There Was Hope

I know my last post was frustrating and downright depressing. I was in a very dark place. I know it hasn't been long, but I had to share some new insights.
I got a call from someone extremely dear to me that I haven't heard from in a very long time. It was strange, but through all I had been through, she was the only person I actually wanted to talk to. I just didn't know how to have the courage to call. I had prayed for understanding. That was all I wanted. And I didn't know how to go on. And then my phone rang. When I saw her number, my heart leapt. It was strange. I wasn't sure if I should answer the phone in my state. But I did. We talked for an hour and twenty minutes. Some aspects of the conversation were rough, for reasons only she and I know, but I don't recall having such a heartwarming conversation before.
I was somehow dragged out of my complete misery and given a little bit of hope. It was as though I had fallen into a hole so deep and dark that I could do nothing to save myself. I knew I needed the help of my Savior, but I had forgotten that sometimes He answers prayers by sending one of His daughters to open her heart and reach down for His struggling child.
I'm going to be ok. I can look forward to the future. I can put my trust in The Lord and learn from every experience I gained this past year.
Thank you, Kacie, for pulling me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment