Monday, February 27, 2012

Baby Names: Live Action Heroes

The poll from the last two weeks was quite skewed thanks to Andrew and Ross. I'm sure they will be sad to hear, but I counted only one of their votes each which brought Johann Heinrich down to only 2 votes. Thus, the winner of the last poll was Henry. My grandpa would be so proud. :) This next baby name poll will feature live action characters and it will be awesome. I have been really excited for this one and I hope the voting goes well! Again, please note that there are a couple of names on this list Ross and I are actually considering, so let's see how they turn out! Names are in alphabetical order.

1. Anakin
The young padawan learner to Obi Wan Kenobi. Anakin Skywalker is a very talented young man. He has wicked amazing lightsaber skills, too. Although I'm sure it can be argued whether he should be considered a 'hero,' he did in the end bring balance to the force. And he destroyed the sith. Which is pretty much awesome. So he rocks pretty hard core.

2. Bruce Wayne
Also known as Batman. Which, if you put an E in the middle, you will get the kid's last name. If we name our son Bruce, his middle name will have to be Wayne because it would just be spectacular that way. Batman is a pretty awesome hero. He is not a super hero because he has no super powers, but he is pretty kick butt awesome.

3. Chandler
To quote Joey Tribiani: "Hey, look! I'm Chandler! Could I BE wearing any more clothes?" I freaking love Chandler Bing. He is my favorite character from the tv show, Friends. He's super hilarious and is always cracking jokes. I hope my son has a great sense of humor, which he will since I'm his mom. I would be proud to name a son after Chandler Bing.

4. Dwight
Everyone who has seen the Office knows Dwight Shrute. He has a beet farm and does pretty well for himself. He always has the top sales at Dunder Mifflin Paper Company. Although he is kind of ridiculous and nerdy, he's awesome. He definitely knows the value of hard work, which is a value everyone should have.

5. Ferris
"Bueller... Bueller... Bueller... Bueller..." Yes, Ross made me put this name on this particular list. I suppose Ferris itself isn't too bad of a name. Ferris Bueller is a young man determined to take a day off of school pretending to be sick. In reality, he goes off with his friends and watches a baseball game, sees a parade, sings and dances on top of a float in said parade, and ruins his buddy's father's super nice car. He apparently knows how to accomplish a lot in a day.

6. Legolas
This attractive elf is kick butt amazing. He is amazingly skilled with his bow. I absolutely love Lord of the Rings and Legolas is one of my favorite characters. He is wise, dedicated, friendly, and even humorous at times. If my son could learn to use a bow and arrows as good as this elf, I would be super the proudest mom in the world. Of course, whatever my son is good at I will be proud of. :)

7. Shawn Spencer
What do you get when you meet a fake psychic detective? Shawn Spencer, that's who. From the tv show, Psych, which Ross absolutely loves, this guy is hilarious. Shawn is very sarcastic, immature, and even rude at times; but he is also very intelligent, observant, and dedicated to the people he loves. He's a pretty funny guy. Ross says that if we name a son Shawn, his middle name would have to be Spencer.

8. Sherlock
The super intelligent genius of a man, Sherlock Holmes, is pretty hard core. I really love the Sherlock Holmes movies with Robert Downy Jr. Although Sherlock is a little awkward and anti-social, he is ridiculously smart. He uses his amazing intellect to solve mysteries and put bad guys where they belong. Woot woot. I hope my son is really smart!

9. Thor
The Norse God of Thunder. That would be Thor. It's just a pretty hard core manly name that would be fitting for my son. Thor was banished to our planet for rebelling against his father, Odin. But there he met s hot chick and fell in love and then redeemed himself by saving the humans. Something like that. Oh, and his weapon is a huge hammer, random, but also pretty intense. I wasn't really that impressed with the movie to be honest, but the name sure would be cool for my boy. :)

10. Tony
Iron Man, who is like unto Batman in that he has no super powers. But you get him in that hard core super suit, and Tony Stark becomes a pretty rockin' hero. He is a super genius when it comes to math, science, and engineering stuff. (What's with Robert Downy Jr. playing all these super smart guys?) He used to be a super cocky dude that didn't care about anyone or anything until he was a Prisoner of War and decided to change his life around. What a good guy.

And there you have it! A wonderful list of names! Yes, indeed. :) Please vote in the poll on the right. Voting will end on Saturday the 10th of March at 11:59 PM. So make sure you vote by then!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not so sure you can count some of these as being even close to "live action heroes." On another note, Greg knew someone on his mission named Thor. He was skinny and wimpy. ha ha ha. Hopefully your kid will live up to his name.

    ReplyDelete