Saturday, March 13, 2010

School!

I have now successfully completed two weeks of school at the Bridgerland Applied Technology College. Woot! On my second day of school, I was able to observe the dissection of a cat's uterus, which had two dead fetuses inside. It was really cool. There was a lot of blood and gross amniotic fluid there, but it didn't bother me, which is good. I took a picture on my phone and there it is. Sorry if you have a weak stomach. You'll get over it. :)
On this past Monday, the class was going up to my teacher's home to help prepare her pregnant goats to give birth. I was so pumped to go, but then my car broke down. I could shift into first, third, and fifth gear; reverse, second, and fourth were not working at all. Lame. So I ended up not going to class because I missed the carpool up and I was afraid to drive my car all the way to Preston, Idaho. I picked up my car all fixed this morning, but that's another story that I will get to later.
So on Thursday I had a little bit of a predicament in class. We were going to be drawing blood from dogs and cats. It is always important to have practice, right? Well, I have always kind of had a thing with needles. It's not like I pass out when I get a shot, but I can't watch the needle go in. And when I'm donating blood, I can't look at it when I have this needle inside of my arm. So anyway, we students are watching a veterinarian who came in to instruct us, and I pretty much almost passed out. I got super light headed and had to sit down. Ya, it never really got better. I would come close to watch drawing blood from a different area, but as soon as that needle went in and filled with blood, I had to sit down. ya, this could be a bad sign for my veterinary career.

No comments:

Post a Comment