Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Great Movies, Great Music

So I've had the great opportunity to see two new movies this past week, both of which had excellent music. The first one that I went to see was with my family, Avatar. This movie was absolutely incredible! As my dad said, "It's a movie for Melanie because none of it is real." That may be true, but I think it makes a spectacular sci-fi! Many people have said that if you've seen the preview, you've seen the movie; *cough *Ross... But I say otherwise. After watching the preview, you can know what the plot is. However, there are many more characters and twists in the story that aren't revealed until you watch the entire film. The music was written by James Horner. Woot woot! I thought the musical score was great! I might buy the soundtrack. But I don't know. The music really added to the feel of the movie. I loved it! I strongly recommend seeing Avatar!
Today I got to see another movie I've been wanting to see: Sherlock Holmes. This movie was also quite spectacular! I do have to say that it was a little dark at times, but I really enjoyed it. It didn't catch my taste as well as Avatar did, but it was really good. I would say that my dear sister Sarah would probably freaking love it. It was done very well and the acting was amazing. I was really impressed with Robert Downy Jr. Although, when he was shirtless I was a little shocked not to see him with a big light in the middle of his chest like in Iron Man. Oh, well... The music from this movie was composed by Hans Zimmer, one of my favorite composers! And it is marvelous music. This soundtrack I bought today. And actually, I'm listening to it right now. :) It's super good. I recommend this movie as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment