Monday, May 6, 2013

Understanding Why

Contacted the Principal at MCHS a month ago to set up an appointment to figure out why I was fired in January. He replied a day later and said he'd check his schedule. And I haven't  heard from him since.
And thus I have concluded that there wasn't really a great reason for me to be fired. It has been a long, rough road and I've come to a few conclusions on my own.
If you read this article: http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200411/nation-wimps you will understand how crazy parents are these days. Now, I love my son more than anything, but I love to sit and read a book while he does whatever the heck he wants. I need 'me' time. And Nigel bumps his head and roughs around and learns stuff. And I really believe that this is good for him. He's not in school yet, but I hope I'm not a crazy psycho parent arguing with teachers to get his grades up.
Working with the color guard I felt that if they wanted to be praised, the kids had to earn it. If they did terrible, I would tell them. I will not congratulate someone for failure. That just seems absolutely ridiculous to me. However, parents love to see their kids succeed. And these days, they want to see them succeed by doing nothing. And that is where my issues arose. Parents were not happy with me because I was hard on their kids. They went to administration and complained about me and how I worked until I was removed from the position. And they just taught their kids that if you hate your boss, you can get rid of them by complaining. There is no reason to learn to cooperate with different kinds of people, because life should be handed to you on a silver plate and you should do absolutely nothing to get there.
Yes, that is absolutely messed up. I understand that I have no control over how parents want to raise their kids and do everything for them. That's fine. I hope you still do everything for your kids when their 30 because they are really gonna freak out without Mommy there to hold their hands.
As much as it sucks, it's ok. I understand the worldly reason for me losing a job that I loved. I was teaching kids how to work and how to achieve things by working hard, something many kids don't learn these days. For my belief in that I lost my job. And I wouldn't have it any other way. I will not change who I am to make people happy. I am happy. And that is most important for me.
I have also come to realize the Spiritual reason for losing my job. I have been holding a lot of anger inside these past four months. Anger to people I thought were my friends, anger to people who lied to me, anger to the ones that fired me. I've been blocking out the one person I have been most angry at. Last week I realized I was really just angry at one person: my Heavenly Father. He is supposed to be a God of love, right? Then why the heck would he take away something that I love so much? Didn't he care about my happiness? If he really loved me, he wouldn't have done this to me.
And I finally realized why.
I haven't been in a Spiritual place for four long months. I was angry and grouchy and pretty much just no fun at all. I realized something needed to change. As soon as I let the Holy Spirit back into my life, I was able to receive inspiration from God the Father and learn the true reason for trials.
Humility. It sucks learning to have it. But learn it we must. I have learned, as Moses did, that man is nothing compared to God. Without my God, I am nothing. He gives me strength and with his help, I can accomplish amazing things. Knowing I cannot do things alone is hard to come to terms with. Yet here I am, relying heavily on my Lord and my God to help me forgive and move on with life. They have always been there for me, waiting for me to accept their help.
Family. Such an important part of my life that I was taking for granted. My husband is such a supportive man. He works so hard to support our family and to make Nigel and I comfortable. He is an amazing man. I am so happy that I met him and have him as a part of my life. Nigel is just as special to me. He is such a ray of sunshine every day. He has so much happy energy flowing through every inch of that little body.
I love my family more than anything else on this earth. I know that I am here to raise children in the true Gospel of Christ. I am excited for the day when Ross and I are ready to have another child. Being a mother is the most difficult thing I have ever done, but it is the most rewarding thing as well.
I know that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Redeemer and without his help, I am lost.
Life is hard, but I can work through it. And I can feel the accomplishment of my hard work.
I share these things with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

3 comments:

  1. I took my kids out of that crazy system, because I don't like much of what goes on in our schools today. Your article is a perfect example. But I still send them to church (haven't figured out how to get out of that one yet :)) and it's the same thing there. Do you know how many times in Primary some kid raises their hand to answer a question, and they give an answer that is completely wrong, but they don't want to hurt the kids feelings (and cause them to go inactive at 4 years of age), so they just shake their head and say, "Yes!" I want to stand up and scream "No! They are wrong." And then teach them correct doctrine. Thanks for not being scared to teach people to do things correctly, and to work for their reward. You are on the right track, and you are an amazing mom. Nigel (and all the other future ones) will be blessed for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you really want to know, just ask.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw this article. I'm glad that you are doing better and are in a spiritual place again.

    ReplyDelete